- Arthur Hampson opens the A.B. Hampson Agency at Broad and Main Streets in Bethlehem, Pa. The agency specializes in Life Insurance and Fire & Casualty Insurance.
- To accommodate the agency’s growth Mr. Hampson eventually moves the office to 35 East Elizabeth Avenue, Bethlehem.
- Mr. Hampson hires Gordon Mowrer immediately after Mowrer’s graduation from Dickinson College. “Gordie” concentrates on building the agency’s personal lines business.
- Gordie starts to re-shape the future of the company by adding commercial lines business.
- Company name changes to Hampson Mowrer Agency.
- Gordie’s brother, Clifton (Tip) joins Hampson Mowrer.
- Gordie’s father, Clifton, Sr., joins Hampson Mowrer.
- William Kreitz joins the agency as an Agent and enhances new growth initiatives in commercial lines area. Bill eventually becomes president in 1994.
- Gordie Mowrer maintains position with Hampson Mowrer and serves as Mayor of Bethlehem.
- Tom Hartzell joins the agency as a Commercial Underwriter and becomes an Owner in 1987.
- George Mowrer, Gordon’s son, joins Hampson Mowrer as a Personal Lines and Life Insurance Agent and becomes an Owner in 1989. George eventually becomes CFO.
- David Dyson joins the agency as an Agent and becomes a Vice President and Owner in 1998. Under his leadership the Lehigh Valley Builder’s Association program is initiated and HMK establishes itself as the preferred agency for contractors.
- Gordie officially retires from the insurance business in pursuit of Christian ministry as a pastor of Advent Moravian Church in Bethlehem. Bill Kreitz is appointed President and the agency name changes to Hampson Mowrer Kreitz Insurance. To accommodate continued growth of clients and staff, agency moves to Commerce Way in Lehigh Valley Industrial Park IV.
- Tim Kurtz joins the agency as an Agent in 1996 and becomes a Vice President and Owner in 1998.
- The Insurance Alliance of Central Pennsylvania is formed – HMK is one of seven founding owners. The mission of The Alliance is to bring clients within the region the absolute best insurance products and services available. Through size, diversity and broad expertise, The Alliance offers, on a regional level, that which is normally found only with national brokers. Long-term growth and profitability enables The Alliance to secure preferred relationships with the region’s and nation’s top insurance companies.
- Dave Rispoli joins HMK as an Agent and Shareholder.
- In order to maintain high customer service standards for an ever-growing commercial client base, HMK owners make a decision to expand the office space by 50% to accommodate the hiring of new staff.
- HMK celebrates 90 years in business.
- HMK initiates commercial insurance program for Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce members.
- Another 2,000 square foot expansion is completed to accommodate continued growth in commercial and personal lines and the addition of Group Benefits Division.
- HMK Owners announce a perpetuation plan that identifies four staff members who become Shareholders. They are: John Eltringham, Agent; Tara Silfies and Dave Williams, Account Executives; and Todd Linn, Manager, Benefits Division.
- Under John Eltringham’s leadership two new commercial programs are initiated: The Alliance of Wood Products and Building Material Dealers and the Greater Lehigh Valley Automobile Dealers Association.
- HMK receives several prestigious awards including the Chamber’s Excellence in Business Award and Northampton Community College’s Fabric of the Community Award. The Insurance Alliance of Central Pa is named to Top 100 Property & Casualty Agencies in the country for four consecutive years.
- HMK acquires The Reinhard Agency of Allentown, and two new agents join the HMK commercial team: Alan Goodrich and Chris Birkhead.
- Today, Hampson Mowrer Kreitz Insurance employs over 45 staff members and provides protection and benefits for more than 5,800 clients in the Lehigh Valley and beyond.
- Captive Resources Program initiated and made available for HMK’s large commercial clients who want an active part in the ownership of their insurance program.
We have six agency directors who are actively involved in the management, sales, and future planning of the organization: